TARTAN HIGH SCHOOL DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Friday, January 13, 2017
PARENT-TEACHER CONFERENCES WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY, JAN. 19TH, 4:00-7:00PM IN THE GYM.
· Are you looking for a way to get fit and have fun? We all know physical activity is good for us and adding fun and friends to the mix is what Jazzercize is all about. Jazzercize is offering FREE dance fitness classes to all girls ages 16-21 for the entire year. They mix modern dance choreography with kickboxing and Pilates moves to the latest top 40 hits. Go to #GirlForce on Instagram for more info or visit www.jazzercize.com/girlforce and enter your zip code for the nearest location.
· Interested in earning an easy $100? The Ideal Student Credit Union located in the DECA School Store will be hosting the next Money Talks Financial Education Series starting January 24th. Come learn about personal finance, pass the test, and earn $100. It’s that easy! Stop by the student credit union to pick up a flyer and register or simply go online toidealcu.com/tartan. This workshop is limited to 30 students. There is also a new college scholarship available for any student who is a member of any credit union in Minnesota. The link to learn more is: http://mnfic.org/scholarships/application-eligibility/
· Registration is open for next year's Juniors and Seniors to apply to attend 916 Career and Technical Center at Century College. This is a great opportunity for students interested in college based classes. Please stop into the Guidance department to pick up an application and course guide. Priority will be given to students who turn in their application and supporting materials by January 25th, 2017.
CLASS OF 2017:
· SENIORS: Scholarship deadlines are approaching. Check out available scholarships on Tartan's website, go to the Guidance tab, click on Scholarships, then Scholarship Opportunities.
· Sanford Health Network Chairman's Challenge Scholarship applications are available in the Guidance office. Deadline to apply is Feb 1, 2017.
· Applications are available for Legion 39 North St. Paul Scholarship. Stop into the Guidance office to pick one up.
· Veterans of Foreign Wars of the US/Arthur O Haukland Post 1350 Scholarship applications are available in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is April 10, 2017.
· Fusion Drumline will be performing the music from their new show, "The Most Astounding Fact" at halftime tonight at North's basketball game. Come hear Fusion's first performance of the season.
· School Space Media is hiring high school students to work at athletic events for the 2016-2017 school year at Tartan. Pay starts at $9.50/hour and raises are readily available. Your job would be to set up, take down and run video content on LED digital boards. It’s super easy and fun and you will basically get paid to cheer on the Titans! See Mr. Munter in the Activities Office if you are interested.
· There will be an informational meeting for all girls interested in playing Lacrosse this year on Tuesday, Jan 17th in room 024. We will meet before school at 7:45, and again at 2:50. You only need to come to one of the meetings. Please try to be there as we will be going over some important information. Please see Coach DeCorsey or Coach Tvedten if you have questions.
RELAY FOR LIFE:
· If your Relay team is not signed up and wants to be, do it soon!! No more than 50 teams at Relay this year. Also, no more than 25 people per team--NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Questions? Talk to Mr. Tvedten
Mac and Cheese
Boys Basketball @ Mahtomedi, 9th @ 4:00, B Squad @ 5:30, JV @ 5:30, Varsity @ 7:00 pm
Girls Basketball vs Mahtomedi, C Squad @ 4:00 pm JV @ 5:30 pm, Varsity @ 7:00 pm
Boys Basketball vs Mounds View 9th @ 9:00 am, B Squad @ 10:15 am, JV @ 11:30 am
Boys Hockey vs Hill Murray JV @ 5:30, Varsity @ 7:30 pm @ Aldrich Arena
Varsity Boys Wrestling Match @ Mounds view. 9:00 am
· The Winter Student Services Newsletter is available on the district website (www.isd622.org). See what’s going on with our district’s students!
· ISD 622’s Parent Community Group will host speakers Chealsea Rollay and Jamie Head who will present The Work Incentive Connection: Eliminating Barriers to Work. Join us on Thursday, Jan. 19th, 5:30-6:30 in the Next Step cafeteria (2586 E. 7th Ave, No St Paul).
· The Shoe Bus is coming to Fare for All. Fare for All, a local non-profit food program created to make fresh fruits and vegetables more affordable to all families, will be at Redeeming Love Church on Mon. Jan 16th, 3:30-5:30pm. In addition, all those visiting Fare for All can visit the Shoe Bus. Gently used shoes will be available for purchase: adult shoes for $5, kids shoes for $2 with a max of 10 pairs total. See the attached flyer for more information