TARTAN HIGH SCHOOL DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thursday, March 23, 2017
· Seniors that have received EARLY RELEASE must leave the building for 6th hour. You are not allowed to “hang out” in the Media Center or anywhere else.
· Interested in a career in the exciting field of engineering with power companies? Tour Xcel Energy's high bridge power plant and learn what careers are available there. Tour is 9-11 am on Tues. March 28th. Return the permission form to the Guidance Office by Friday, March 24th. Questions? email@example.com
· Interested in checking out all that St. Paul College has to offer? Tour the campus on Thursday, March 30th. Bus leaves at 8:45 and returns by lunchtime. Return the permission form to the Guidance Office by Monday, March 27th. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
· It's the last day to sign up to donate blood. The blood drive will be here next Tuesday. Due to last week’s snow storms in the New England states, there is a shortages of blood because many blood drives had to be cancelled those days. Sign-ups are in the Main Office and the cookie store. Please grab a permission slip if you are 16 years old
· Attention Junior student athletes (Class of 2018), this scholarship opportunity is for you! Triple Impact Competitor Scholarship: 62 scholarships ranging between $1,000 and $2,000 depending upon region. Apply online: www.positivecoach.org/scholarships Deadline is May 31, 2017.
CLASS OF 2017:
· Seniors: The Co-Action Local Scholarship Online Directory is now available for 2017. There are hundreds of scholarships for all types of students and careers that you can apply for on ONE APPLICATION as well as listings for other local organizations. Please look for it on the Tartan webpage under the Guidance/Scholarships tab. All Co-Action applications are due in our Guidance Office by Friday, March 31st by 12:00 PM. No late applications will be accepted. Apply today! Get the money!
· The Woodbury VFW Post 9024 awards its "Cans for College" Scholarship on the basis of academic achievement, ability, character, leadership, industry and personality. The applicant should be in the upper 40% of the senior class at the end of the first semester of their senior year, as verified by your counselor. The scholarship will be for one year in the amount of $1000. The applicant must be a graduating senior who is a resident of Woodbury. Applications can be found online at www.wdbyvfwpost9024.org , deadline to apply is April 28th, 2017.
· Students residing in Woodbury are encouraged to apply for the Woodbury Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship. For more information and to apply, please visit www.woodburychamber.org Applications are also available in the Guidance Office. Deadline to apply is April 7, 2017.
· ISD 622's Fusion Drumline will be performing at Forest Lake High School this Saturday, March 25th, at 6:00pm. The Forest Lake show will have 13 groups performing including drum lines from Wisconsin and Nebraska as well as Minnesota. Come see Fusion's "The Most Astounding Fact" before you have to drive to Dassel-Cokato on April 1 or Rochester on April 8 to see it!
· Attention potential NHS inductees: Check your email later this week for official confirmation of your eligibility to apply for NHS. This email will also include details regarding a mandatory meeting, and official application requirements and deadlines. Until then, nothing is currently due to hand in. See Ms. Mousel in Room 109 if you have any further questions.
· Prom Committee will meet Thursday, March 30th and head over to the MOA for a site visit. We will leave school at 2:50 pm. Please pick up a permission slip from Mr. DeLaCroix beginning Thursday.
· Attention wrestling team: The end of the year banquet is scheduled for Wednesday March 29th 6pm in the cafeteria. Mark the date on your calendars. The captain’s application forms are online on the Tartan wrestling website. Please fill out an application if you are interested in leading the team next year. Again the Wrestling Banquet is on Wednesday March 29th 6pm.
RELAY FOR LIFE:
· Relay is 8 weeks away!
· You must be signed up online to get the event shirt.
· We have a pizza fundraiser currently going on. The materials for it are in Room 9 and orders are due April 3rd at the captains' meeting.
· A new order of chocolate is in. Make sure you have turned in any overdue money before you get a new box.
· Parents of SENIORS: Info regarding ordering graduation announcements is attached. For more information about Graduation visit our website at: http://www.isd622.org/domain/1872