Students: If you are having trouble logging in or have forgotten your password,
contact your building Media Center staff.
Don't have an account? Please complete the Parent Portal Account Activation Request and return via fax (651-748-7693), email (email@example.com), USPS, or have your student return form to the school office. Your account information will be sent to you via email within 1-7 business days. Please note the Parent Portal is not currently used for elementary students.
Parents/guardians have the ability to update household information (phone number, address, cell phone, work phone and email) through the Parent Portal. This information will be applied to all of your students enrolled in ISD 622 schools. Simply click on the Household Information or Family Members sections to update your information. You will be contacted if more information is needed.
NOTE: Parents of elementary students who do not also have children in a middle or high school should notify their school directly with any of these changes.
North St Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District
Parent Portal User Guidelines and System Requirements
North St Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale Schools uses the Campus Student Information System for students grades 6-12 to collect student data while also allowing parents to view the records of their children, including grades, schedule and attendance. Rights to the Parent Portal will be granted to parents or guardians of currently enrolled middle and high school students.
Access to the Parent Portal is a privilege, not a right. The District reserves the right to deny access to anyone and to add or delete functions from the Portal at any time. Users of the Parent Portal are required to adhere to the following:
- Portal users will act in a responsible, ethical and legal manner.
- Portal users will not attempt to harm or destroy the school or the district’s data or networks.
- Portal users will not attempt to access data or any account owned by another user.
- Portal users will not use the Parent Portal for any illegal activity, including violation of Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may be subject to Civil and/or Criminal prosecution.
- Portal users who identify a security problem with the Parent Portal must notify the North St Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District immediately.
NOTE: Step-parents or Guardians that do not have legal custody of a child will not be granted Parent Portal rights unless a copy of legal documentation is attached to the Activation Request form.
Parents can use mobile devices to access the Parent Portal. More information about the mobile app is posted on the login page.
Security features of the Parent Portal:
- Access to the Parent Portal is secured with SSL/TLS.
- Access to the Parent Portal is as available and at your own risk.
- All attempts at logging into the system are recorded, including a traceable audit trail, to the unique address of the computer attempting to connect.
- Complex (strong) passwords are enforced for Parent Portal login.
Concerns regarding Parent Portal data:
- Grade posting should occur within ten school days following the due date of any assignment, project or assessment.
- Parents with questions about Parent Portal data such as attendance, grades or performance marks are encouraged to address these issues in the following order:
- Discuss the issue with their child.
- Discuss the issue with the teacher via email or personally. A link to the teacher’s e-mail address may be found in the student schedule.
- Discuss the issue with the Administrator in your child’s building.
Additional questions or comments about the Parent Portal may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org